Google
 

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Life

I realised that Grey's Anatomy makes me think and relax. It's not the FRIENDS' type of relax. It reflects life. The real life. The obligations. The cycle. The respect. The humor. The extra push factor. All the dilemmas(hell yeah). The love. The price of life. Basically how the whole world spins around me. As I sat down with my own home made steak & onions & lemon tea, I watched Grey's Anatomy with nothing to worry about except a false fire alarm/drill of the Regent Apts. It helps me to cope with my fear of fresh internal organs and blood, well just a lil bit since I know it's fake on TV, but still, you know, it's BAD, I mean REAL BADDDD. FRIENDS' was about the laughter and joy that you can bring to life, not only to myself but to the others around me as well. It's good to smile or laugh, frowning is some ugly nasty behavior. Uses less muscles to smile than to put on a shitass face.

Grey's Anatomy complements FRIENDS'. But it never taught me how to deal with deaths, coz it's different and special in a way. It's always tough. When my grandfather passed away in '95 due to lung cancer(I think), I was 11. Had no idea how much I lost. 10 years later my grandma passed away due to cancer (leg). I was here in the States when I got the call. If had a video of how I responded to the news, I swear by my last name that I just looked dumb. Ok and Ok's. No idea how to respond to that. I'm not the kind of person who cries out when I hear the bad news. I'll cry when I sit down and ponder of all the nice and memorable things that just passed me. Then there was once when the elder brother of my friend (a girl) died in an accident, and it was during pre-Chinese New Year. I wanted to call her while I was in my family's car getting to Lanang Ferry in Sibu heading to Sarikei. Held the phone, made sure I had her number in the Nokia 3310. The queue for the ferry was rather long(about 2 hours) since it's a festive season and many would drive and cross the terrains of my beloved Bumi Kenyalang. Got on the ferry, I was still holding the phone. After crossing the ferry, I still hadn't made the call. Gutless, maybe. Useless, maybe not. Just wasn't sure what to say, wasn't sure if my words make her sad, wasn't sure if it was the right time(evening 6pm-7ish, jk). Also wasn't sure what my parents and sisters would say to me too. By the end of the day, I never made that call. Just an email. And I still have a copy of it. Maybe I should back it up, lol

You know, when your relative/next to kin passes away (touch wood), all the family members and friends would gather together. Night time, they'll talk about his/her past, you know, the memorable stuffs that I have no clue about. Nada. I even found out about my father's past which totally shocked me. Life was hard back then. Now that is named Regrets, with a capital R. Once in a while you sit down and look at the things you allowed to pass by. Success, opportunities, love, you name it. I might have 20GB of regrets by now.

Cherish life and enrich your life. Because you and I only live once. If you wanna take a break to Florida next weekend(without any plans/tickets/money even), do it. Have no regrets. I had no regrets on the huge credit card bills cum debts I amassed. I recently just paid them off, finally, and within a week after that, I charged a few more hundred bucks to my cards for stuffs I don't really need. Thinking back, I don't regret that.

In an unrelated story, (eh no, that's newscasting's script). Sports action:
Today, Wisconsin's Hockey teams, achieved, well not really a double, but still some very good results. The women's hockey team emerged as the National Champions. Woohoo! Well done girls. As for the men's team, I watched it live on TV. A grueling battle for a single goal to determine who's second best. A goalless encouter in regulation continued to OT (overtime). 3OT (triple overtime) in fact. Almost 6 periods (20 mins each) of skating and hustling. The whole ordeal took more than 5 hours. Energy sapping for me in front of the TV as well. Finally freshman Jack Skille 'pucked' in the winning goal and sent me shouting GOALLLL! and off my comfy sofa and also the crowd in Green Bay to sighs of relief. Yeap, we're in the Frozen Four to be held in Milwaukee, and I might just make the trip. I'll never know.






Gadgets:
I received my replacement hard drive for my NEC Versa E600 over the weekend. And I finally fixed my laptop and got it up and running. Had a lil' doubt about getting everything ready at first. Thankfully I managed to open everything up and also most importantly, put everything back. Props to me and also a lil' help from Yip.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Misc:
My bike is still outside Union South, with little air in the front tire (or wheel if you prefer). Poor old bikey. Papa will come and fetch you tomorrow, I promise.



Dear UW- Madison Student,

You’re invited to the 3rd Annual Bucky’s Blood Drive on Friday, March 31st at the Kohl Center Nicholas-Johnson Pavilion from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Donors and volunteers will enjoy entertainment from groups such as Tangled Up in Blue and The Mad Hatters. There will also be a special visit by Bucky Badger. All donors and volunteers will receive a free T-Shirt and raffle prizes. Show your UW pride and help out our community. Remember, your one donation can help save up to three lives!
American Red Cross encourages all UW students, faculty and staff to help patients in need by donating blood or volunteer your time during the drive. Did you know that 15% of the nationwide blood donor base is made up of high school and college students! Nearly 4,500 volunteer blood donors are needed each week to serve patients’ blood needs in our region alone.
Please make your appointment at www.givebloodgivelife.org or by phone at 1-800-GIVE-LIF(E). Walk-ins are also welcome.
We would like to let you know that Youngblood, at Union South will be closed on Wednesday’s for the remainder of the year. We would like to thank all of you for your continued support of Youngblood

Thank You,
The American Red Cross
Badger-Hawkeye Blood Services Region


Volunteering Info (Clickable link)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25