Google
 

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Forwarding....

I was very active in forwarding emails back when I was in high school. Jokes, motivationals, musicals, inspirationals, gossips, ghost stories, scam stories, interesting spams, news, alerts, rare natural wonders, you name it. There was a lot of traffic in and out of my inboxes during what I call my heydays. Once I became a college student, I stopped the forwarding activity because there are so many more things which can be done online and actually can contribute to my life. As I stopped forwarding to others, people stopped forwarding to me gradually until this whole activity came to a halt. It was a transition of never ending chain mails to money making referrals -- all sorts of referrals. Remember the free iPod offer? You sign up a few friends to complete an "offer" and once the transaction, which often requires a credit card payment, is verified, you get credited towards your selected reward. Then more and more companies set up similar websites to offer a variety of rewards, all using the same scheme. Unfortunately, I got nothing out of those. I never expected to anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25