Google
 

Monday, July 17, 2006

07/16 the showcase

On Sunday, with me being sleep deprived, losing money in Alonso's 2nd place finish in the French GP, having to wake up in the morning to earn my $36.40 pay, I had to prepare dinner for my bunch of friends. Hugely disappointed by the absence of pork liver and also a 3 days tally of only 6 hours of sleep, I am looking forward to a fresh week ahead of me.

Still, something appeared in my mind. Do I really just know how to cook 1 soup? Coz when I found out that I wouldn't be able to put pork liver soup into Sunday's menu, I felt dumb coz I couldn't come up with a replacement soup. But still not dumber than dumb blonde. Dinner took place as usual with my 2 dishes. Good enough, not excellent. I live in a family with low expectations, so dinner was good.

Over the weekend, I rediscovered my touch(es). I rediscovered my primary 5-6 badminton flairs. I rediscovered my long abandoned cooking, erm, talents aspirations?. Somehow, I felt that I rose from the dead useless world. Having losing the determination of my 15 year-old, having losing the diligence of my 17 year-old, I somehow felt rejuvenated. I wonder how long this feeling is gonna last. Coz I don't want it to last too long. Coz that just means I'm not taking control.

**You know what, it's time for dinner, so fuck this. When life gets tough, grab a blankie. Sleep on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25