Google
 

Monday, July 28, 2008

Antec Notebook Cooler S

I bought a notebook cooler from Antec 2 years ago, the Antec Notebook Cooler ($14.99 now). I still remember I paid $29.99 before tax for it from Staples and returned it the next week. I read the reviews and it looked pretty good, both in terms of efficiency and design. However, after trying it out for a few days, I didn't think it was best for my laptop (it was a NEC Versa E600 then).

Now, Antec has a different approach to it and came out with Antec Notebook Cooler S. ($25 now). This is a smaller and more portable unit which acts as a tilt at the back of your notebook.

Unlike its predecessor, this Notebook Cooler S is built of plastic. Its idea is to create a space for the airflow to cool the area beneath the laptop. This avoids the generated heat from being trapped under your laptop.

It has a pass-through USB cable so you don't lose your limited USB slot if you need this. This Notebook Cooler S is not suitable to be placed on your laps. You need to really stabilise your laptop because of the design. The previous version is pad with its top "grill" made of aluminum. I have yet to find a satisfactory notebook cooler device because nowadays I am using my laptop as my main PC. Afterall, it consumes less power and is portable with less wirings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25