Google
 

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Spotting The Fake One: SanDisk Comfact Flash 2GB Extreme IV Card

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Can you tell which one in the photo above is fake? Most of the cheap flash memory cards nowadays are fake and they are mostly manufactured in some shady factories in China. Almost 90% of the 1GB to 8GB flash memory cards found on eBay are fake ones. A whopping 90%! I personally had experience with buying fake flash memory card from eBay. The 4GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo I purchased from a seller turned out to be a counterfeit product. The packaging looks really original and the card itself looks exactly like the genuine one. But once I used it, that was when I really found out. I lost about half of my photos taken during my San Francisco summer trip. I lost my photos from the Postcard Row Houses and some other places. The card was purchased at $42.02 shipped and it is sold on Amazon for $64.53 (and $89.99 at BestBuy). It was from a seller with a 99% positive feedback ratings of more than 3000 feedbacks. The seller, ustransuto, refunded my money once I requested for one. So beware when you purchase cheap flash memory cards. If the price is much much lower than what normal retailers charge, chances are that they are counterfeit products. There are threads on eBay forums and guides to identify the fakes from the original products. The answer to the fake SanDisk Extreme IV Comfact Flash card is the one on the left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25