Google
 

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Shopping for A New Wireless Router, Thinking D-Link DI-524

My family back home finally subscribed to broadband internet, thanks to the much persistent nagging by my little sister. So now I am thinking of getting a new wireless router for them. I've had a few experiences with wireless routers, Gigabit, Linksys, Netgear and then Belkin. My first one, the Gigabit, was a cheapo. The Linksys was touted as one of the best but connections kept dropping once every few days. Then a great deal at Staples came by and I purchased the Netgear wireless kit of router plus PC card and another kit of router plus USB adapter. It turned out that the Netgear wasn't as stable too. I ended up selling one of the routers, the PC card and also the USB adapter.

Then I got a D-Link DI-524 wireless router for a hot deal price of $25 (back then) from Fry's. That was my best experience with wireless routers. So I am thinking of getting that since I thought it's reliable and all that. It's just for normal wireless internet around the double storey semi-d. I wouldn't wanna pay close to $100 for the draft n routers. And there's no other place to pick up a bargain other than eBay and Craigslist.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25