Google
 

Monday, December 03, 2007

Wishlist This: Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router

It has been a while since the last time I searched for a deal on a wireless router. As I mentioned in the previous post, I was looking for a reliable wireless router for my family. Then I came across this $70 deal at OffceMax for the Belkin N1 wireless router which has a retail price of $149.99 on Belkin's website. It has a cool built-in Network Status Display lets you see your connections working. "Each icon represents a network component, so you can easily monitor your connections for fast troubleshooting." The display has icons of Security, Wireless, Wired, Router, Modem, and Internet which lets the users know which is active and connected, making it easy to view your router status.


Then, I found a router with a much cooler display also from Belkin. It's the Belkin N1 Vision wireless router. It retails for $179.99 on Belkin's site. It was dubbed as the most advanced interactive network display. It has 6 choices of display which includes time and date, current broadband speed, usage within the past 24 hours, and connected devices. This is definitely my type of router, but not quite my type of price. Paying $180 for a draft n wireless router is just plain ridiculous. I've learned and I should've known. Cool toys come with hefty price tags.



In the end, I bought a D-Link DI-524 wireless router from eBay for $20.35.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25