Google
 

Friday, May 09, 2008

23-cent Pizza for Recessionish Times

Papa John's Pizza was offering a large one-topping pizza for the price of 23 cents as their corrective actions for their dumb LeBron crybaby t-shirt. The 23-cent price of a pizza is an homage to James' jersey number. With this kind of once-in-a-lifetime price, you can expect people to line up outside Papa John's stores to purchase the pizza. I believe I would join the craze too, not for the money, just for the sake of it, so I can tell my grandchildren that I lined up 90 minutes to get my 23-cent pizza. However, only outlets in the state of Ohio has this offer coz LeBron plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Locations were making 300 pizzas an hour to satisfy lines in which customers waited 90 minutes. Each Papa John's location offering the deal in the Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo and Youngstown areas was prepared to sell more than 900 pies. Outlets were ordered to close early if, as expected, they ran out of pizzas. 86 stores in Ohio sold the 23-cent pizzas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25