Google
 

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Review: Xper Hard Drive Cooler 2 60mm fans

This is an Xper Hard Drive Cooler with 2 60mm fans which I used to attach to my Seagate 200GB hard drive. I have my OS in this hard drive and I have this running almost 24/7. So I figure that I would like to chill it a bit so it doesn't overheat, although that never happened to me before. Installation was a breeze.Just screw it under the hard drive you want to cool, and then connect the power connectors. The power connector does not take up one slot of your available power connector as it is a in between connector. It just slips in between any active connectors.


After installling the cooler, the hard drive temperature as observed by CPUfan does show improvements. Temperatures are lower by 3-4 degrees Celcius.

This kinda cooler fan is widely available on any computer retailers online for less than $10. Definitely worth an investment, just a tiny investment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25