Google
 

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

300 More Posts to 1000 - McD Monopoly 2007 Sucks

This is post number 700. Today, we had lunch at McDonald's and got some McD Monopoly pieces. I won 2 crappy game downloads from RealArcade. That's what I got for landing on the Community Chest. I was aiming for the Chance, GO or Free Parking spots but clearly the rolling of the virtual dice was well beyond my control.

It's all preset. There goes my odds of beating the odds. The prizes offered this time around are much worse and less worthy of playing for, what to say to have more intentional lunch visits to McD. A waste of money. Just as I was talking about me not buying the hot deals off the internet recently, I let myself fell into the cheap tricks by a giant corp like McD to lure more customers during this Monopoly game promotional month.

And offering guaranteed bucks to Footlocker or Toys R Us doesn't fancy me. And imposing a limit on the stackable amounts for redemption to $5 is just plain demoralizing to the spirit of the game. Back then I was able to collect several pieces of Best Buy bucks to get a collector's edition of Titanic for free! This time around, no PSP's and iPod's are offered. Heck I am not buying the pieces off eBay anymore too! Boo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25