Google
 

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Days When I Am No Longer A Student

It has been a few months since I attended my last day of class. After graduation, I am officially no longer a student. I have been a student for almost the entire of my life! Since I was 5, when I was in St. Joseph Kindergarden until the last day as a college student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Now I am no longer required to do homeworks or read aheads, I am looking for a job. School was tough, sometimes. Looking for a job is not easy too. When I was still in school, there are a set of certain things which I need to do and perform according to the timetable or schedule. Life had a straight forward, directed meaning. I woke up to the alarm rings, I woke up to the fall weather and the freezing winter snow. I brushed my teeth and got my clothes to be ready for school. I listened to lectures, learned my way through homeworks and exams. I did homeworks and blogged. I watched a little bit of TV. I recycled my "day" from Mondays to Fridays. Saturday and Sunday mornings, I woke up to go to work at the Memorial Union at 10 a.m. By the time I finished, half of the weekend day would be done for. And I got the other half to do something leisurely or whatever I chose to do. Those were the days.
Now, I am staying at other people's places. I don't go to school, I don't go to work. I stay at home. Yeah damn right, I stay at home for the most of the day. For some 3 freaking months. After years of spending half days in school, I can't help to sometimes feel aimless at wherever I am staying. It was expected. Maybe that's why it doesn't depress me as much as it would have. But still, apart from searching and applying for jobs online, other things which I do would be considered leisurely, too leisurely I would say. I get sick of watching too much TV. I get sick of watching ESPN. I get sick so sleeping. I get sick of using my laptop and have nowhere to go, both online and offline. I get sick of my blogged nose. I get sick of the weather. I get sick of. . . the days when I am no longer a student.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25