Google
 

Friday, October 05, 2007

Time to Revamp My Cingular 8125, aka HTC Wizard

Yes, I checked some forums out on what's the latest and found out that the best thing I can do with my HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125) is to flash it to a HTC Touch. Yes, that means having TouchFLO in my phone without having to buy the newly launched HTC Touch. Fantastic! That's the best option for me I think. The other viable option is to change the appearance of my Wizard to that of the iPhone. Not exactly the iPhone, just look like the iPhone. It would still run on Windows Mobile 5 but would have iPhone's screens and buttons on the main menu thing. However, as I experimented with the Slider on my Wizard, it does not look stunning, at all. Having the iPhone "Slide to Unlock" screen on a HTC Wizard looks awfully out of place. iContact is a small application, around 12KB, which can give the contacts page the scrolling feature as the iPhone. Not very interesting to me. TouchFLO would be an added bonus, but having to flash the firmware and performing all the tweaks is not problem-free and if done incorrectly, it could brick my phone and deem it unusable forever. If I fail, I'll use the Nokia phone from the T-Mobile To Go package I bought from OfficeMax with my $10 gift card a while ago. Good thing that nobody bought it yet. Good luck to me. Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25