Google
 

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Since I Came Back to Madison, I Have Not....

1.) visited Jamba Juice to have a cup of their amazing smoothies and also to make use of my Buy One Get One Free coupon. Yes promotions like free stuffs, contests and coupons buy me into their business. I have nothing to lose, as long as I get a better than regular price. My ex housemate asked me the other day if I have been buying any hot deals off the internet. I said no. It's simple, I don't have a permanent place to stay which I pay rent and utilities for. So I am better off saving my money for something else, something like food and regular everyday expenses.

Life is absolutely different now with no school and no job involved, which means no sponsored allowance for me. Therefore, I have to take my spendings seriously while making an effort to make sure there is still some minimal income from the internet to cover up some portions of my expenses. Redeeming reward points and credit card cashbacks, writing reviews and doing surveys are just some of the options available. Redeeming a free flight to San Jose with my Southwest Rapid Rewards credits caps it off; saving my damn money for my future!

2.) been to the Wisconsin Badgers home football game at Camp Randall. Being an ardent fan and hardcore supporter of the Red, that's slightly surprising, even to myself. Tickets to the Iowa and Michigan State games were overpriced. I am guessing it was due to the fact that we WERE one of the top teams in the country, ranking as high as no.5 and riding on a nation best winning streak.

The attention given to us by the media regarding the nation best winning streak back then was a sign of something bad to come. The game vs. Illinois was on national TV, not because it was a intra-top 10 battle, not because it was a huge rivalry. It was because of the possibility of an upset. People wanna see top ranked teams fall, people wanna see big upsets. We got exposed. I somehow feel that we are left with no choice of being drawn into the disadvantageous publicity since we had no control over the media.

The coaches did their job by addressing the media with every possible encouraging comments and remarks, hoping not to dent the players' confidence and belief in their own capabilities. However, in the end, it was the media who won. The media is biased as they always are, because the media is run by humans. And humans are opinionated. We got dragged into the ugly wins and giving up big plays thing, which then was amplified by the media and made into national coverage. Once we got kicked off the no.5 spot, followed by the no. 19 spot, no one gives a shit.

Yes, that's the point, none of them gives a shit about us. Why is that USC only dropped to no. 10 despite losing to a 41 point underdog opponent in Standford, and playing at home while we, being the 3 point underdog going into the game against Illinois, playing in the opponent's ground. I mean, come one, when you pit Illinois against Stanford, you know who is gonna win. So why does USC deserve to the up there when they lost to the weaker team among the two upsetters? BECAUSE THEY WANT USC IN A BCS BOWL GAME! Damn.

Honorable mentions:
3.) Used my Red Lobster gift cards.
4.) Exercised much.
5.) Attended a hockey or volleyball game.
6.) Gotten a job offer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25