Google
 

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

eBay Seller Fees Revised and Lowered, Meaning eBay Makes a LOT of Money

eBay announced that they are lowering the fees for sellers and even lower for PowerSellers. This is a move by eBay after years of complaining by its users. As a seller on eBay myself, I do find the fees annoying but I have to agree that eBay provides people like me with an excellent platform to sell off my unused or unwanted stuffs for a little bit of green.

Among the changes are:
Lower insertion fees and the gallery feature is now free. I have always waited for listing promotions where insertion fees are as low as $0.10 or $0.20 or when there's free gallery provided. In the Feedback area, now buyers will only be able to receive positive feedbacks. Coz you pay, you did your part. Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't. Meaning, if you buy 3items from the same seller, you get to receive 3 +ve feedbacks rather than the previous single feedback. Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended. I hate these buyers so I often list my things with a Buy It Now (BIN) method and immediate payment is required.

All these after I obtained 150 feedbacks in 4 years.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25