Google
 

Friday, April 25, 2008

Shangri La Botanical Gardens in Orange, Texas

There's a thing with me and botanical gardens. I like them but I have never really been to a lot of them. There was even one of such in Madison, which I visited 5 times at most. The last time I went there was during my parent's visit for my graduation. With many flowers and fruit plants back at home, I find it easy to attach myself to the beauty of the flowers and miscellaneous plants found in a botanical garden. I usually pay attention to botanical gardens on my holiday trips throughout the US. The one I remember most would be the one in Washington DC.

Since I've been mumbling about visiting Texas for quite a while now, why not I keep it going with the Shangri La Gardens and Nature Center located in Orange, Texas. It is recommended by a friend of mine who transferred to Texas for a new job. He mentioned that the Shangri La Botanical Gardens & Nature Center has the U.S. Green Building Council's Platinum certification for LEED®-NC that it has. Impressive no? Well some of you might not care for what certification it has, but I am sure you will be able to appreciate the "green" nature of the gardens.

Study has shown that seeing some greenery is very good for the eyes, especially the office eyes - for those who spend a lot of time on the computer at their workplace. It soothes the eye and reduces stress from the eyes. I go out to take a walk and look at the "greens" whenever my eyes are tired. I always have a pot of plant in my living place, either I redeem the bonzai's or I buy the mini plants.

The Shangri La Gardens is very eco friendly and brings you close to nature. With the beautiful surroundings created, accompanied by the colors of the blooms, it can be a truly a relaxing place. It has established itself as one of the main botanical garden attraction in Texas based on its rich history.

If you stop by Texas before I do, pay a visit to the city of Orange, Texas and the Shangri La Gardens and Nature Center!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25