Google
 

Friday, April 04, 2008

Vista Shutdown Timer Program for Windows XP, Vista & 2000

My girlfriend needed a shutdown timer program for her computer and I recommended her the same program that I use. And I thought it might be useful for some of you too so I decided to share it here. I've always used a shutdown time for my computer, even when I was using Windows XP back then. When I migrated to Windows Vista, my old shutdown timer program (forgot its name) wasn't Vista-compatible. So I had to search for another program to do the same task in Vista. I found Vista Shutdown Timer and have been using it since the day I used Vista.

This shutdown timer program gives you lotsa options other than just setting the time for Windows to shut down. It allows you to execute other functions like Log off, Hibernate, Standby and Restart. You can set a timer/countdown on when it's executed or set the time it'd be executed.

I've only used the Shutdown function and it really works great because it will definitely shut down as it forces applications to close, even those which are not responding. In the traditional way, non responding programs can stall your shut down command, thus leaving the computer on when you leave thinking it's gonna get turned off. Also, there is no installation involved and it's a standalone .exe file of just 185KB in size. There's an "update" link too in the program if you wanna check for its latest version. For me, as long as it's doing what I want it to do, there's no need to update. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Good or great? You decide.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25