Google
 

Friday, March 14, 2008

Free Small Defraggler to Defrag My Vista

My C drive is all clogged up with all those stupid 'fragments' from copying and moving files around. Windows Vista Defragmenter program runs in the background but does not show me which files are heavily fragmented and such. I would like to see the color map on the level of fragmentation of my drive as it provides me with data and also a percentage number to show the signs of the clogging up. So I read about this freeware program called Defraggler in a PC magazine and decided to download it to give it a try. I ran some defragmentation routines yesterday and it does what I wanted it to, except that some files remain undefragmented. Maybe it's because of the amount of free space available on the drive. The best feature provided by Defraggler is that you can select individual files to defrag. And it shows each file's number of fragments. Furthermore, the Defraggler application is small in size, as the whole Defraggler folder is less that 1MB after installation. Definitely saved me on memory space and resources. That's why I think it's a great tool to have!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25