Google
 

Friday, March 21, 2008

I Hate Vista User Account Control (UAC)

I have been enabling and disabling the Windows Vista's UAC because both give me trouble. The UAC is built into Vista to protect users from malicious attacks and from virus and intruders. With UAC enabled, little tasks like launching of certain programs would need 2 clicks of approval. Deleting files would also need 2 clicks of approval. It gets rather annoying over time as the system doesn't learn the approved and unapproved actions, unlike a firewall. I have disabled it for good although the Windows security shield would show up everytime I boot up Vista to warn me that I am unprotected, it is much much less annoying than having to through multiple clicks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25