Google
 

Monday, March 24, 2008

If Only Oysters Gave Diamonds Instead of Pearls

Girls LOVE diamonds. Ask every woman you know and you'll hear that they would want a sparkling diamond ring as her wedding ring with xx carats. Is it a trend or is it the general perception of women about the rock? And the rock does not come cheap. I have seen men wearing a simple ring with no stone to be seen while their wives parade their shiny diamonds to everyone. Women take pride in receiving diamonds, be it a ring, a necklace or a pair of earrings while men work extra hours to fill in the huge hole in his bank account. If only oysters gave diamonds instead of pearls. I would go dive in and collect them until I find one with a decent size, and I'll be all set. Of course, probably I'll snag one for myself too, don't ask why.

Remember those stalls in theme parks, eg. Universal Studios and Disney World, where they ask you to choose an oyster and they open it up to see how big your pearl is? Imagine they do that for diamonds! Of course, this is all just left for imagination because if you think back carefully, if for eg. oysters produce diamonds instead of pearls, assuming pearls still exist from another source, then the market would be flocked with diamonds and diamonds will be cheap. You think your lady still want it as the wedding ring then? Ha! She'll be asking for a pearl! Bottom line, women would ask for the expensive ones. So get prepared to splash out the money, men. No matter what.

Get real and know to know about the oysters, for eg. Gulf oysters. Learn about oysters risks and also recipes because maybe you'll meet your woman who treasures pearls more than stupid expensive rocks, yes the diamonds.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just for the record, I'm female and I didn't even want a diamond engagement ring...let alone an expensive one! When we did go looking I had the following criteria:
1. Nothing raised.
2. Nothing "blingy" it looks too tacky.
3. Nothing that breaks the bank.

My FH makes pretty decent money, but I'm very practical by nature. I see absolutely no pint in blowing thousands of dollars on a ring. He wanted to (probably thought he "should" because of modern misconceptions/advertising). I don't buy it. Just the fact that he wanted to commit was worth more than any ring that he could put on my finger anyway.Besides, you can get a "nice" ring for MUCH less than the 2 month salary rule and hell, the rest would be more wisely saved for a down payment on a house!!! You can't live in a ring, no matter how big the diamond is!...So, in the end, he did see the logic of my reasoning...and I am very proud of my "cheap" engagement ring! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25