Google
 

Friday, November 23, 2007

Ctrl-Shift-Esc Is the Ctrl-Alt-Delete of Windows Vista, I Just Knew

I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium Edition which came with my Dell laptop last April and I have always needed to bring up the Task Manager because of non responding programs which I need to terminate. In Vista, Ctrl-Alt-Delete would bring up a blue Vista screen called the Security Dialog and the Task Manager option is at the bottom of the list (Start Task manager). That's how I have been accessing the Task Manager for the past 7 months, a 2 step process.

I just came across that Ctrl-Shift-Esc is the actual shortcut to the Task Manager in Windows Vista. Saving me an extra step. But I don't like the combination. Maybe because I am so used to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and the Ctrl-Shift-Esc keys are lined up on the left edge of the keyboard. It's difficult to hit them with 3 fingers from my left hand, so I guess the best option now is to press Ctrl-Shift on the right and then Esc. And I tested that Ctrl-Shift-Esc also brings up the Task Manager in XP.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25