Google
 

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Project Cingular 8125 HTC Wizard TouchFLO Windows Mobile 6 ROM Flash Part 1

Yesterday I made the very first attempt to upgrade my HTC Wizard/Cingular 8125 running on Windows Mobile 5 with ipl/spl 1.08, GSM 01.16.11 and OS 1.8.88.1 to a Windows Mobile 6 and add TouchFLO to it. TouchFLO is the somewhat iPhone like feature of the HTC Touch which enables one to flick through cubic interface on the phone. I obtained a Windows Mobile 6 Professional ROM from the internet and first flashed to an official Cingular 2.55.11.1 ROM. It went through well and then I proceeded to flash to the WM6 ROM which didn't go through.

After consulting various and numerous forums, I am guessing that it wasn't successful because my Wizard/8125 is still CID locked. I managed to upgrade to an official Cingular 2.55.11.1 ROM because I am upgrading to a ROM from the same vendor (Cingular). CID lock is also called the vendor lock which bars one from flashing to a ROM other than the vendor's.

I will continue to proceed in 2 days to CID unlock my phone and try to flash to a non-Cingular ROM. The unlocking.flashing process can only be performed on Windows XP and not Windows Vista. So, I would have to wait for an XP machine to be available before carrying out my next attempt.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25