Google
 

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Be Oyster Aware

Oysters would definitely be one of my favorite seafood dishes and one not to be missed when you go to Seattle. Seafood is known to be rich in Zinc and oysters in particular, give us a low calorie protein that are an excellent source of Zinc, vitamin B-12, and Omega-3 fatty acids. But do you know what my health conscious friend a.k.a. Mr.Skeptical told me? He warned me about eating raw oysters. I was worried he's gonna say I should never touch the tasty Gulf oysters. Well, I personally don't eat raw seafood, the most is just some sushi which are well-prepared. However, I would still like to point out that consumption of raw or undercooked oysters pose the risk of illness from Vibrio vulnificus bacteria. One can always eat his or her oyster steamed, fried or my favorite fire-grilled. Just BE OYSTER AWARE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25