Google
 

Friday, February 29, 2008

Microsoft Drops Vista Prices, So What, I Still Want XP

Microsoft officially announced plans for the price drops of Windows Vista line, with Vista Ultimate dropping to $320 from the previous $400, and the upgrade pack is now$220, reduced from $260. Vista Home Premium (the one I am using now) dropped from $160 to $130. After about 10 month of Vista hands-on experience, well, if I include the 10 months of running of the test version of Vista Public Beta, that'd be about 20 months of Vista mileage credited to my account, I still find Vista rather annoying. Until something is done to fix the annoyance caused by the highly annoying UAC (User Accounts Control) functions, and mind telling you that final service pack SP1 has not been released yet should be out soon, I'd still choose XP over Vista. I can give up Aero because it's just a small fancy thing. Imagine the named it Premium and it's just Aero. Vista users who want to add XP to their computers should refer to the guide on how to add XP to computers with pre-installed Vista (dual boot). I would like to do that as soon as I get enough free space on my hard drive after I clear out the old redundant files.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

ss_blog_claim=63b607131aac3f64f6ca91498c8d4c25